What would you say to me, if I told you I had a dream? If I told you everything, would you tell me to go back to sleep? Take a look in these tired eyes, there comin' back to life. I know I can change, got hope in my veins, I'm telling you I ain't goin' back to the pain...... can I be Happy Now......

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sacramento Review & Pics - March 2, 2010

Fun concert, great trip. Laura and I flew to Sacramento a day early just to avoid any problems getting there the day of the show. Since it was a nice sunny day we decided to go walking (about 700 miles wasn't it Laura, lol?) We were staying close to the Arco so we decided to head over and check it out, see if any of the crew was there yet - and they were! We saw a guy in a HAND t-shirt get out of one of the buses, watched the big red semi trucks back down a ramp and unload equipment and could hear some sound checking going on - not the guys of course.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

That night we went to Malabar Sports Bar/Grill. Ordered burgers and fries and asked for honey mustard on the side. They informed us they did not have honey mustard. Okay whatever. They bring our food out and a couple of minutes later our waitor in training walks up and sets this down - Photobucket Laura and I just look at each other and bust out laughing! I know you had to be there or else it's not funny, but anyway... So I guess yellow mustard in California equals honey mustard?? Could have been so funny too because we were having Bloody Mary's with Skyy Vodka! We're lightweights and almost went in to the wrong hotel on our way back! Good times.

The day of the concert was raining, of course, so we decided to go to the mall. What we were told would be about an $8.00 cab ride ended up costing us $40.00 - one way! Yikes!! There goes our concert t-shirt money! We ate lunch at Johnny Rockets, a cool Fifties Diner type place. We ordered sandwiches and fries and asked for honey mustard again. Johnny Rockets rocks! They know honey mustard - Photobucket

We get to the Arco that night, pick up our tickets, meet Rob with Bon Jovi. Here's Laura & Rob - Photobucket

Matt came up and talked to us, asked if we were doing the Backstage Tour. We sadly said no (spent all of our money on the taxi cab ride)

Waiting for the concert to start, I look up and here comes Obie walking down the aisle! I said "Hey Obie, how's it going?" He stopped, smiled and said "Hey, how are you, would you like a Sambora pick?" Would I like a Sambora pick?? Of course I would! I said "Yeah, thanks, I'd love one!" So he fishes one out of his pocket and hands me, good times. Only wish Richie would've handed it to me personally, but cool nonetheless. So, Laura jumps up and says "Obie I want a picture!" He was very nice and agreed. Here's Laura and Obie - Photobucket

Concert begins, the boys open with Just Older, in honor of JBJ's birthday that day we assumed. We were the first show on the tour so far that they opened with something other than Blood on Blood, so that was cool as Just Older is one of my favorites. The guys were awesome as usual, Jon was on fire and in a great mood. Joking with the crowd a lot. Highlight of the night was JBJ and RS singing a duet of Can't Help Falling In Love and I'll Be There For You. I cannot put into words this experience - well not here anyway! :) We also got In These Arms, first on the tour. It was one of my favorites that night.

So here's the set list with pictures to follow.

Just Older
We Weren't Born to Follow
You Give Love a Bad Name
Whole Lot of Leavin'
Born to be my Baby
Lost Highway
When We Were Beautiful
Superman Tonight
We Got It Going On
Bad Medicine w/ Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)
It's My Life
Homebound Train [Richie Sambora on lead vocals]
(You Want to) Make a Memory
Can't Help Falling In Love (Duet with JBJ & RS)
I'll Be There For You (Duet with JBJ & RS)
Something for the Pain [acoustic]
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night [acoustic]
Have a Nice Day
Work for the Working Man
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Love's the Only Rule (incredible performed live)

ENCORE:
In These Arms (WOW!!)
Wanted Dead or Alive (National Anthem)
Livin' on a Prayer

For some reason these pictures loaded from the end of show to the first, anyway... hope you enjoy. Had a brand new camera never tested in concerts before, so I wasn't that happy with the way they turned out. Will practice more for the next one!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: